Dental Procedures Port St. Lucie, FL
Our dental procedures can keep you and your family in excellent oral health, restore damaged teeth and transform your smile into something truly beautiful. At Mark A Barber D.D.S., P.A., we understand that each of our patients' smiles is unique and so are their health concerns. As such, we meet with each patient to discuss any health concerns and goals prior to recommending specific dental procedures. If you live in Port St. Lucie, we invite you to schedule an appointment by calling (772) 492-7043. During your examination, we can look for any signs of infection or cavities; discuss what you do and do not like about your smile; and determine the best way to proceed.
Available Options for Dental Care
In the past, there were not as many options for treating or restoring teeth. Fortunately, technology has revolutionized dentistry, and there are now a variety of options for treating all types of oral health concerns. Gone are the days where teeth were pulled on a regular basis. Now, the majority of damaged or infected teeth can be saved when treated early enough. Simultaneously, if teeth do fall out there are a variety of procedures for replacing them that go well beyond removable dentures.
If you have had dental work done in the past or are currently wearing dentures and are not satisfied with the results, schedule an appointment with Mark A Barber D.D.S., P.A.. Our dental procedures use the latest in dental technology allowing us to improve the appearance and functionality of former restorations. For example, we can replace old metal fillings or crowns with tooth-colored ones for a more natural appearance. We can also treat teeth that have had a bonding procedure in the past, if the material is now looking old and dated.
We can make each restoration blend in with the surrounding teeth. Whether replacing an old crown or fixing a recently damaged tooth, the tooth will look fantastic once complete and it will be difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish the difference between the natural teeth and the restoration. There are multiple types of dental work we can use to accomplish this goal including dental veneers and dental crowns. Those who want to replace a tooth may benefit from a dental bridge, dental implants or modern dentures instead. Regardless of what procedure is necessary, we will ensure that it is completed to perfection.
At Mark A Barber D.D.S., P.A., we also work to ensure that patients remain comfortable and relaxed during the dental procedure. We can offer several types of light sedation to make this a possibility. We understand that many adults have concerns over getting their teeth worked on and at times, simply need to relax. Whether you do so through sedation or friendly conversation, we are here to help. With more intensive procedures, we will ensure that you do not feel any discomfort along the way. To learn more or to schedule an appointment with our Port St. Lucie dentist office, call 772-492-7043.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Procedures Port St. Lucie
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Procedures
Going in for routine dental care does not have to be a scary process. Many patients feel so nervous about this visit that they may put off appointments for months or even years. If you regularly go to the dentist for teeth cleanings and examinations, you can keep cavities and gum disease at bay. Maintaining…
Preventive dentistry is encouraged for all adults to help them reduce the risk of oral health, functional, or cosmetic concerns developing. However, the benefits of preventive dentistry are more extensive than you may believe. This review discusses the reasons why preventive dentistry is vital for long-term oral health.The benefits of preventive dentistry include the early…
Many people are choosing laser dentistry options to correct gum conditions. Crooked, misshapen, and discolored teeth can ruin a smile. But gum problems can also make you feel self-conscious and want to avoid opening your mouth. Some gum issues can affect your oral health and overall wellness too. Instead of going to the periodontist's office…
Thinking about choosing dental crowns as your dental restoration option? Crowns are often used to repair damaged teeth, as well as for cosmetic reasons. When it comes to choosing the correct dentist to place dental crowns, making the right choice is important.Deciding who will place dental crowns is necessary, as there are many different types…